Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Two Blogs in One Day...What the What???

Don't get excited...this is an easy one. Just because I can, I thought I'd share my playlist from Saturday. I love hearing what other people listen to on their runs and workouts, and am always on the hunt for new music. Please share yours with me!

Opening Song: Remember The Name - Fort Minor (if you run, bike, whatever - just listen to it - seriously - you'll love it)

You Had Me From Hell No - John Rich/Lil John (nice mix - Country/Rap, good for a sprint - definately helped on Saturday)

Scream If You Wanna Go Faster - Geri Halliwell (who doesn't want to go faster during a race?)

Because We Can - Fatboy Slim (From Moulin Rouge - the chorus - We Can! Can! Can!)

Don't Turn Out the Lights - NKOTBSB (yep, New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys - loved them then (well, NKOTB at least), still love them now)

Hung Up (Remix) - Madonna (those who run seem to have all the fun)

Born This Way - Lady Gaga (Need I Say More?)

And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going (Remix) - Jennifer Hudson

A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Vs. JXL (side story - was inspired by the story of Edison Pena, one of the miners trapped in Chile this time last year. He is a runner and huge Elvis fan. He ran every day while trapped in the mine, while wearing construction boots he retrofitted so he could run. Once he was freed, he ran the NYC Marathon with a bum knee. At the time I added this, last November, I was inspired by his story. I still am)

I Disappear - Metallica (I call it "The Fat Albert Song", but I'm dating myself. The opening line is "Hey, Hey, Hey" Those of you over 30 will get it!)

Sexy! No, No, No... - Girls Aloud (British Girl Band - no back story - just a good pacing song)

Bale Out - RevoLucian - Profanity laden song mixed by a DJ who loved Christian Bale's freakout on the set of Terminator 2. I tend to chant this at the end of a run, thus freaking people out, I'm sure (Am I gonna quit? No, no, fuck no!) It's a good "wall song".

1 comment:

Library Belle said...

I don't have a set playlist, but love starting out to the Arcade Fire's song "Ready to Start." And when jogging I tend I listen to a lot of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park.