Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Real Housewives of Norristown

Dear Bravo,

I’ve been watching the previews for years now, The Real Housewives of Orange County, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, The Real Housewives of New York City, New Jersey, Washington, and now Los Angeles.

I’d like to propose that you look at how “real people” live, and share with you my proposal for The Real Housewives of Norristown.

No, seriously, don’t look away. I’d like to present the cast – Jen, Jenn, Sherri, Aric and Beth (yes, I’ve cast myself – do you have a problem with that?). Feel free to imagine our cocktail dressed selves (well, except for Aric) doing the Bravo-promo hip check/reposition thing.

Jen, 24, is my friend Renee’s partner. Works at a local supermarket and is a cool chick. She provides the 20-something POV along with guest-Housewife Shannon.

Jenn, 35, is a wife and mother of two. She works in the Real Estate industry, tells it as it is and has been my friend for over 30 years.

Sherri, another long time friend. She’s a wife and mother of five, including a newborn, and runs a day care business out of her home. Her kids range in age from 17 to less than one week old (at least as of this writing).

Aric, the first Househusband. Classified himself as “a stay at home dad with no kids” before he and his wife adopted their now five month old daughter. He is also a Renaissance man and inventor.

Beth (me, duh!) in the vein of Bethenny Frankel of RHONYC, 35, single, career girl, chronic singleton and has a relationship with all of the other Housewives.

Hi-jinks will ensue. I guarantee it.

I await your reply Bravo.

P.S. And to those of you named, I hope you don't take offense. There are few people I want to be photographed with, let alone captured on video. I'd use pseudonyms, but where's the fun in that?

No comments: