Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Like Julia Roberts, But Fatter and Less Toothy

Sadly, I didn't go to Italy, India or Indonesia. I didn't have any life changing revelations. I didn't meet any cute boys. Heck, I didn't even use my passport.

I am returning from my own Eat, Pray, Love, although I prefer to call it Eat, Drink, Shop. So while I didn't need my (expired) passport, I did put roughly 230 miles round trip on my car while driving to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, home of several gay bars (hence the not meeting any boys) and tax free shopping.

I had an amazing time. I had some awesome pizza (Grotto Pizza), some mediocre pizza (Nicola), a night of reckless drinking with my brother-in-law (my liver still isn't talking to me) and got not one, but three handbags. Oh, and 2 flasks, 5 rings, multiple pair of earrings, 3 t-shirts and didn't run one mile despite bringing 2 pair of running shoes and several work out outfits.

I had a personal best at the arcade while trying to win a Spirit Head (still not sure what it is or what it does) for my niece and confirming that if I lived closer to Atlantic City I'd be in even more debt than I already am. We survived a hurricane (Earl), even if it was a wimpy one by the time it got up to us. Watched countless hours of children's TV - is it wrong that I'm completely up to speed on The Suite Life On Deck, and can't wait for the sequel to Camp Rock?

Today I returned to Pennsylvania and reality. The goal for the upcoming week is to get back on the WW Wagon and take my lumps on Friday without getting discouraged. I'm on a great track right now and can't stop now. It felt amazing to put on a pair of shorts I bought at the beginning of the summer and find them loose. I even put on a bathing suit for the first time in almost a decade and wear it in public. I need to keep the momentum going and get back into feeling the good pain.

Hope you all had a great summer and have a fantastic Labor Day!

1 comment:

Library Belle said...

It sounds like a fantastic vacation! And you've got the right mindset...instead of beating yourself up for vacation choices, you're getting right back on the wagon. What a great inspiration (I'm going on vacation next week!!)!