Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year/Resolutions!

This is a bit of a departure...I typically type my year end blog, drunk as a lord (never really understood that phrase) while watching the Food Network. But, I have a better offer this year, so I'm sipping a glass of red, reasonably sober, watching a DVR'd episode of Law & Order: UK (which BTW, good show - highly recommend it).

So, Happy New Year all! 2010 is almost behind us (fortunately). Not the worst year, but certainly not the best. There are some things I could have done without. But, going to focus on the positive and wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011.

On to my resolutions.

In 2011, I will be, at the very least, this weight or skinner by this time next year. I'm going to be realistic. While I'd like to be a size 6, I don't want to go crazy. I want to reach my goal weight to be "Lifetime In Good Standing" at Weight Watchers, which means that I need to lose another 30 pounds or so, but if I stay this weight, I think I can deal.

I'm going to try to not let certain people get under my skin in 2011. I really wish Facebook had a "penalty box" where you could allocate people who are annoying you for the moment (and let them know, gently), but given that doesn't exist, and I think I've set a record for unfriending people, I'm just going to use the "Hide From Feed" option more often, and reserve unfriending for really onerous people.

I'd like to move on from miserably marinating in my single status. I hide behind it, use it as an excuse to be miserable. I'm single, that's the way it is, and may be the way it will be. I'm going to try (read: try) to embrace the freedom that entails. And wear warm socks to keep my feet warm at night.

I need to love or leave my job. I like it, there are things that I'd change, but I need to decide if this is going to be my career, or if there is something else I'm meant for. Not sure if that means committing to going back to school, or becoming, oh, I don't know, a Butterfly Keeper, but I'm 36. Pretty sure that means I'm a Grown Up, and Grown Ups have careers.

Run a 10k. I've done 2 5ks in 2010, and finished them vertically. I need another challenge. I think a 10k, or perhaps a half marathon is the next adventure.

So that's it. My 2010 closing message and 2011 resolutions. Wishing you a safe, happy and healthy New Year, wherever you are!

2 comments:

Kelly McCann said...

I know you can do it! Tara and I will be there cheering you on...as long as you don't un-friend me.
--Kel

Library Belle said...

Happy New Year, Beth!!!

I've been meaning to email you that I recently (Dec 6) joined WW, and have lost 9.6 pounds this month. So we're really on this journey together!

One day I'd like to do the Jazz Half Marathon in New Orleans. It's super flat there, and it's at the end of October (still warm, but past the crazy hot season).

I know you can keep on going strong!!