Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Ramblings...and a Letter to Santa

I'm not sure about the "I'm Sorry" ban to be honest. I think apologizing is so ingrained into my speech I've stopped noticing it. That said, when I'm aware, I've tried to refrain.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that I was wrong, not that I'm sorry, but that I was wrong. This kind of admission is rare, so take this moment for what it's worth. I've been on the new Weight Watchers plan for two weeks and I've lost 7.4pounds, bringing my total weight loss to 59.4 pounds, and my BMI to 29.97. For those of you who don't monitor BMI stats, this number means that I've gone from being Obese (such an ugly word) to merely being Overweight.

If you may recall, I kicked, screamed and tried to rebel against the new program that Weight Watchers has implemented. I'm still not thrilled with it, having to cut back, drastically, on carbs, but 7.4 lbs in two weeks isn't to be sneezed at. I also took a leap today about bought size 12P jeans. When I started back in June, I was squeezing myself into 22WP, so I'm pretty happy.

So, I admit it Weight Watchers, the new program does work. I'll give you your due. But I'm not sorry for doubting.

So, onto my next point. It may be a bit late, but here is my letter to Santa...

Dear Santa,

Hi, it's Beth again. I know, I was too old last year, and I'm definitely too old this year, but I wanted to give you a heads up. I know it may be too late for this year, since according to NORAD you're somewhere over Argentina as I write this at 9:15 on Christmas Eve. But, since you're magic, maybe you can pull something off.

As before, you should know I've been a very good girl. I even attempted to curtail my cursing. I've lost weight, and I haven't killed anyone in the midst of it, so that should put me on your "Nice" list.

Due to circumstances which I am sure were beyond your control, you weren't able to come through with some of the stuff I asked for last year, see , so I'd like to incorporate that by reference, particularly the salary and boyfriend points.

I'd like to ask you for a few more things...jobs for people who need them, and for homes and food for people who don't have them. I'd also like for you to bring the troops home from places of hostility, like Iraq and Afghanistan. Also, please keep our firefighters and police officers safe. Please find homes for the dogs and cats who are waiting to find their forever homes, and help the rescues find funds to keep their services running.

Oh, and being totally selfish, I would still like to have Gisele Bundchen's body, but I'd be happy with my own, a bit toner and muscular. Some willpower would be nice. Bogey, Candy and Ted would always like toys (and more treats), and gift certificates for mom and dad are always good.

Safe flying tonight Santa. If you get patted down by a cute, single, TSA agent, send him my way. There's some Scotch, Pinot and cookies by the fire place for you.

Love,

Beth

No comments: