Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Long(ish) Time, No Blog

Wow...I must be the most inconsistent blogger ever. I go weeks posting every couple of days, and the bam! Nothing.

Perhaps it's the mini-break from online rejection, I mean dating. Less amusing (to me) stories to tell born out of frustration. Or perhaps it's the new exercise regime. The brain cells I had allocated to blogging are now being eaten up by the lack of oxygen getting to my teeny, tiny brain.

As for the weight loss, I'm still on track. I'm in the midst of week three and I'm down 8.8 pounds (roughly 85 to go, but who's counting?). I'm making progress with the exercise. My first day back at the gym I clocked 20 minutes on the treadmill and a whopping 6 1/2 minutes on the stair master. I'm now up to 20 on the stair master and last night I managed 25 on the elliptical. I looked like a drowned rat by the time I was done, but it's progress and I'll take it.

The hardest part for me is the patience. I want to see results NOW. If I thought she'd go for it, I'd ask my doctor to put me in a medically induced coma so I could be fed nothing but Slim Fast through an IV. I'd pay off the nurses to work my muscles so they didn't atrophy and arrange to have a full body lift done before I woke up.

I think I've put way too much thought into this. To be fair, I wanted to do the same thing while I was growing my hair out so I didn't have to deal with the horrible in between stage. I avoid unpleasant things - it's just how I roll.

So, I guess I'm going to have to suffer through.

Thanks for the encouragement!

No comments: