Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Roller Coaster Day

Yesterday was one heck of a day.

After months of talking, and concerned looks over the dining room table, we got the diagnosis that we all dreaded hearing - Grandmom has Alzheimer's. I know we as a family are not alone, but when you hear those words, you certainly feel like you are. I think the hardest part for me was hearing that she knew she had two granddaughters, but couldn't remember our names. Of course that was followed up with the fact that she not only remembered she had a great-granddaughter, but her name was bright and clear in her memory. To paraphrase Jan Brady, "Tara, Tara, Tara".

I guess if you don't find something to laugh at, you'll cry. I know this is going to be a long road for my family, and while I've been holding it together, I can't guarantee that there won't be some tears.

On a brighter, completely unrelated subject, I have to admit that the day came to a terrific end, ending Philadelphia's 25 year draught, and the Phillies 28 year draught. I casually/jokingly mentioned to my mother that I'm thinking about getting the Phillies "P" as a tattoo to commemorate. She's horrified, but I'm not quite sure I was joking.

To those of you who reached out yesterday - thank you so very much. I know I will be needing your support in the near future, and I hope that you will let me do the same for you.

No comments: