Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shock and Awe

OK, maybe surprise and gratitude are more appropriate words. Over the past few days I’ve posted a few somewhat out-of-character musings to Facebook. I’ve been contacted by some folks with words of encouragement, and for that I thank you. I wasn’t expecting anyone to be interested in my babblings. I’m not sure if this is a trend or a passing phase, but I am pretty sure this is not what my therapist had in mind when she encouraged me to journal. But this feels right for me at this point in my life.

Just so you don’t think that it’s all deep thoughts and introspection, I’m not about to pull an Oprah and go “all positive, all the time”. Despite being the one planning my high school reunion, I am still thinking about seeing if Angelina Jolie can go in my place so no one sees the size of my derriere. I plan to continue reading trashy gossip magazines, and my main source of information remains Perez Hilton.

I hope to come out of this period of introspection more centered, more grounded, clear headed and confident. I want to make amends to those I’ve hurt, including myself. I hope that I have started down that road, and not just made a wrong turn. I want to learn from my mistakes. Not to be a walking cliché, but my goal is to live out loud, with no apologies, no regrets. I want to own every one of my laugh lines when I’m old and smile knowing that perhaps only I know the story behind them.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t sign off with this: Go Phils!!!!

No comments: