Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Wii

I have to thank God for Nintendo, because if it wasn't for this game system, I would not know the following:

1. I'm obese. OK pretty much knew that already. I'm working on it, and that's why I bought Wii Fit. Hearing it in a chipper pixie-like voice doesn't make it any easier to hear. But thanks - now go away annoying little pixie voice.

2. I'm also apparently unbalanced. Physically too. Huh.

3. My weight fluctuates daily. Pretty much knew that too, and that's why my therapist, doctor, Weight Watchers Leader and just about everyone else knows that you shouldn't weigh yourself daily. It took me about 33 years to figure that out, so I guess it's going to take a while for Wii to catch up. Until it does, I'm taking my daily weigh in with a grain of salt. That's progress ladies and gentlemen.

4. Virtual bowling is easy. Tara has taught me that real bowling is hard, especially when you don't have bumpers.

5. Guitar Hero is the great equalizer. I suck at it - pimply unemployed squeaky voiced 14 year-olds are good at it. I have a job and make decent money. They are in the middle of puberty. Therefore, we are equal.

6. I suck at pool, both virtual and real. I'm still not going to stop using it in my flirting arsenal, but it's much easier to flirt with real pool.

Three weeks and I have a wealth of knowledge. Now who says that video games are bad?

No comments: