Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fantasy vs. Reality

I think I need to get a reality check, or at least manage my own expectations of myself.

I went bowling with my 7 year old niece. Since she views me as her older and much larger peer, we were of course in direct competition. No problem - I started bowling when I was 8, and I was raised by a man who didn't let the fact that he was playing against children ruin his competitive drive, so why should I let the kid win? Yes, I stopped bowling when I realized that bowling balls + acrylic nails = massive breakage, but still...

The reality of today was that I had my ass handed to me by my 7 year old, 4 ft tall 40 pound niece, in front of cute Army guys no less. Did I mention that today was some kind of Army Bowling Tourney at Facenda Whitaker? The fact that I regularly kick ass on Wii Bowling didn't help me, and I might have been better off aiming for one of the lanes next to me instead of the one I was assigned to based on the gutter balls I was throwing.

So, I guess my invite to join the pro bowling circuit isn't going to be in the mail. Until then, I'm going to continue to be Queen of the Wii.

On a side note, I joined Twitter for those of you who need to know what I'm doing every minute of every day. (See? Fantasy: I'm much more interesting than I really am; Reality: I'm pretty boring). For those of you keeping track, down another 1.2 lbs, bringing the total weight loss to 7 pounds. Enjoying "treat" day - small personal pizza with mushrooms and spinach for dinner, Yum!!!!

2 comments:

NurseKelly-belly said...

Let the record reflect that Tara had bumpers, you did not.
Tara spent the rest of the day saying "I kicked Aunt Beth's butt" and laughing maniacally.

Courtney said...

congrats!!!! on the weight loss not the little one kicking your butt in bowling :)