Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back on the Wagon

I bit the bullet and went back to Weight Watchers yesterday. Despite my suspicions that someone has been sneaking into my closet and shrinking all of my clothes, the numbers on the scale informed me otherwise. I’m not gonna share the exact digits, but I am officially heavier than I have ever been. Looks like I’m going to be getting to know the leader and reception staff at the King of Prussia Center very well. Sigh…

Seeing as I shared the menu of gluttonous final days before I hauled myself back on the wagon, I thought I’d share my day one menu.

Breakfast: Egg Beaters with mushrooms, 1 slice of canadian bacon, ½ cup of shredded potatoes and a Weight Watchers English Muffin

Lunch: Salad with mandarin oranges, grilled chicken and raspberry vinaigrette with 2 slices of white bread w/ butter spray. I love my carbs

Afternoon Snack: Weight Watchers Cherry Cheesecake Yogurt, and a cup of Campbells Soup at Hand Chicken and Stars (and no, I didn’t eat them together)

Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken, mushrooms and parmesan cheese with a side of sautéed spinach. Oh, and how could I forget 6 oz of my trusty pinot on the rocks

Evening Snack: fat free potato chips, whole grain pretzels

Next week I’m going to start exercising again. My goal is to be able to run a 5k in the fall if not sooner. I’m also thinking about buying a Wii in lieu of going back to Curves. Does anybody out there use Wii Fit or any of the workout programs?

1 comment:

H. said...

Good for you!!

a) I am also a WW. I will email you any tricks I can think of b) no idea about Wii c) I did used to belong to Lucille Roberts which is a strictly female gym, which made me feel alot better. In fact I think I was in the best shape ever when I belonged to that gym... LA fitness is a friggin social club. Hate it.

Congrats on taking steps toward health and exercise, it sucks sometimes but in the end when you get your little 10 lb medal/medal it feels so good : )