Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

StickKing to It

My second weigh in is in two days.

I've been staying on program so far. I had a "cheat" day (still hate the name) on Saturday - a petite vanilla scone from Starbucks (3 freakin points!), and went to a dinner dance on Saturday night. Two words: chocolate fountain. Two more words: cocktail wienies. No, I didn't stick the cocktail wienies in the chocolate fountain, but yes, I partook of both, along with the open bar. The good news is that the rest of the day was in reason, a departure from other social occasions.

Soooo.....Sunday was back to the program, sticking to my allocated points, trying to leave the flex points alone. Did Wii Fit everyday, even if for only 10 minutes, and got treadmill time in twice as of today. Not great, but not horrible - a definate improvement.

I've decided to utilize another tool, one with both financial and social implications. My friend Cheryl mentioned a website back in January in relationship to New Years Resolutions, www.stickk.com. The concept is this: you publicly state your goal (losing weight, quitting smoking, meeting your parter's family), set a time frame, choose a referee, impose a penalty if you don't meet the goal and add supporters.

I opened up an account. I put in my goal weight, what weight I want to end up at and what my penalty will be if I don't meet the goals. The cool part is you can give the money to a friend, foe, charity or anti-charity (the anti-charity works this way, if you're a Republican, and you fail to set you goal, the money goes to the William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Library. There are several options). I decided to be charged $5 every week I don't lose at least one pound, and the money goes to one of several charities the website works with - it only costs me money, not my supporters.

I didn't mention the worst part - my starting weight is out there for my supporters to see. Yeah, that's info I want out there. I also want it to be a thing of the past. For added incentive, I added a before picture that I've suppressed - I've untagged myself on Facebook. That's how bad it is. No, I won't post it here.

So it's all out there now, hopefully as part of my past. If you'd like to be a supporter (and seriously, I can use all of the support I can get), please drop me a line and I'll add you.

4 points left for the day (whoopie!!!) - need to figure out something else to eat - great problem to have!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that your mother supports you.

H. said...

It's not a "cheat" day... it's a TREAT day : )

keep up the great work girl, you can do it.

Courtney said...

keep it going. and I agree with marley its totally a treat day!