Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What Have I Done?

First in a continuing series…

When I last wrote I talked about how I had started running again, not for long periods and not very fast, but still definitely a running gait. One of my friends Heather (a/k/a Wonder Woman) asked if I was training for a race. At the time I wasn’t, the plan was to run a race at some point in the fall, when I had shed a considerable amount of weight, after I had done more training.

But it got me thinking why not train for a race? Who says I have to run the whole distance? Who says I need to run it in record time?

So I’ve signed up for a race on May 17, A Brother’s Love Memorial 5k in Collegeville. My goal is to finish. That’s it – just finish under my own power, whether that’s running, walking or even crawling, I want to cross that finish line.

I’m putting more concentration into running now. Was able to do 15 solid minutes at 4.3 – 4.4 on the treadmill tonight. Weather permitting I’m going to do some outside training this weekend.

I’m still wondering where my head was on Sunday night when I registered, but thanks Heather for the kick in the rear.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

okay, that is awesome! you are such a better woman than I, but I am now getting inspiration from you. I am at a mile and have been there FOREVER! Best of luck in the training.

H. said...

slow and steady wins the race....