Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Your Next American Idol?

I knocked two items off of my life list on Saturday night:

2. laugh at myself & mean it
8. do karaoke in public – this may include # 2 (above) for me & earplugs for everyone else

I went to Alley Gators at Limerick Bowl on Saturday night with my girls, and after several drinks, filled out a slip for karaoke. The song: Rehab by Amy Winehouse.

People who know me know that I can't sing to save my life. It's an inherited trait - my mother said that when she sang to me and my sister we would cover her mouth with our hands. My niece does the same thing to me, and I completely understand why.

I saw the song title pop up on the monitor before I heard Renee call my name, so I had a few moments to collect myself, and more importantly, chug down some more booze. When I heard my name being called, I gamely got up and attacked the song.

Thankfully, my buddy Renee stood up there with me helping me out. I think I did more laughing than singing. I am fully aware of how horrible I am, but I enjoyed myself. To my surprise, no garbage was thrown, and there was no booing. I actually had fun.

Now I'm planning on massacring another song - anyone up for a rendition of "Shoop"?

2 comments:

H. said...

I'm so in for the next karaoke extravaganza!

NurseKelly-belly said...

I so would have been up there with you...if I wasn't endearing myself to the people of Canada that evening. I'm sure you were brilliant.