Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

And So It's Come To This

So things with Across the Street Boy don't appear to be in the cards, so I'm moving on. It's not that I'm not interested, if I'm being honest with myself, it's just that he doesn't seem to be that interested; and if he is, well, he's doing a lousy job of communicating it.

True story - left a six pack of beer on his front step last night with a note saying give me a call if you want to hang out (I had consumed a few at his place Saturday night). He calls me a few hours later, saying he was busy, blah, blah, blah and oh, "I really should take the garbage out. Talk to you later."

Um....ok.

So, I sulked for a bit, and then took some action. Yes, I get myself in trouble when I decide to take action, but let's face it, the Cute Single Guy Patrol has yet to hit my neighborhood and they sure as hell aren't roaming the halls of my employer.

So yes ladies and gentlemen (are there any gentlemen readers?) I've signed up on Match.com. I forgot I had signed up a few years ago, so I reactivated my profile and spent the night modifying what I had written. I do think I am going to need to convene my buds for a review, so consider yourself warned.

Within the past 24 hours my profile's been reviewed a few times and I've had two "winks" - the pussy way of contacting someone without emailing and getting a rejection. Neither one seems like a great fit - one a 41 year old professional student for whom money isn't important and the other a 36 year old from New York who describes himself as "a White American" - not Caucasian...a White American.

As for me, I've winked at one guy - that's all I've worked the nerve up to do at the moment. I'm essentially lurking for the time being. Hey, I've six months to get rejected a whole bunch of times.

So there it is...as my friend J said, at least I may get a few meals out of it.

Stay tuned.

And hey...if you live near me and you're happily coupled up, if you know of a single guy who might be interested in a high-maintenance girl, help a sister out will ya?

2 comments:

H. said...

I hear only good things about match couples... one girl in my office married hers, another one's pretty serious... I know a few others. Seems to be the way to date these days, aye?

Good luck on this next adventure! who knows.. maybe fate and the interwebs will find you a nice boy. if not.. well it will give you some good blog material.. wtf... have a fab wknd lurking!! ; )

Kristin said...

Good luck - I hope you get at least a couple of beers and a few meals out of it. ;-) Keep us posted!