Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

5 Second Update

OK kids, I'm really trying hard to keep up with this blog, so here's quick update so I keep the writing going.

BATS and I are going out tomorrow night. Not sure if it's a date (I think it is) or just two friends getting together. Let's hope for the former, shall we? I have to keep telling myself he's so shy he makes me look like a screaming party animal, and his social skills are fairly limited. Why do I find myself attracted to him? He's nice, funny, loyal, knows his beer, can cook (!), is good to his mama and despite being a Republican (with a capital C for Conservative), opposites attract I guess. He also gets my McKenzie Brothers references - I mean seriously, the man's seen Wicked Brew.

However, I'm not giving up on the on-line dating, although match.com is losing some of its luster. I've met a guy on e-Harmony who seems pretty cool. We like a lot of the same things (he shared his music cache with me last night - I was impressed with the overlap). Despite the fact he lives about an hour away from me, I think this one could have legs. More to come.

Met up with old colleagues tonight from BearingPoint (the one employer I'll actually name on Pinot since they've gone out of business). Surprised myself by having a good time - got to catch up with folks I hadn't seen in almost three years, and am looking forward to the next get together!

On a more sober note, East Norriton Township Police Chief John McGowan is being laid to rest tomorrow. He was a good friend of my father's and it is always unsettling to see one's father so shaken up as my dad was when he learned of Chief McGowan's death. He had survived two bouts with cancer to lose his life in a motorcycle accident, leaving behind a wife, two sons and two grandchildren in addition to his parents. He was 58. May he rest in peace.

No comments: