Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Free At Last!

....well almost.

After next Thursday, my adventures in retail will be coming to an end.

I'll miss the extra cash, and the discount, but it's gotten to a point where the aggravation isn't worth it. Oh, and the fact that some nights I spent more than I made had a little something to do with it (re: the night I bought a Coach watch for $70. Seriously, a Coach watch for $70 - not buying it would have been criminal).

I won't miss picking up other people's trash, or picking up garments that have been tossed on the floor. I also won't miss having to sit on the floor to do markdowns (while wearing black pants) or working up a sweat wrestling with the area rugs that get left on the floor.

Last night confirmed my decision as I was put on the cash register. Right next to the door. Which opened up frequently. It was 90+ degrees and humid last night. My upper lip was sweating. Sexy, right? I had to come home and wash my hair I was so sweaty by the time I was done, and I wasn't even doing something fun. Ain't no way I'm gonna be able to run a register in July when it's 98 and even more humid. I wasn't glistening or glowing. I was sweating like a pig.

So after next Thursday I will have my nights to myself and will be able to banish blue tops and black pants to the back of my wardrobe for a little bit.

Can I get a hallelujah?

It wasn't all bad. I work with some cool people that I hope to stay in touch with - even if they do make me feel really old. So even though I really didn't save a whole bunch (oh, who am I kidding, any) money, I did come out a little richer.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow, you're sure not going to miss those long days, either! Good for you!! :-)

Oh, and I read your 100 things. I don't think that makes me a better person than you are, but certainly makes me wonder if I have a life. ;-) Good answers, by the way.