Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Here We Go Again

I'm sure I'm on some kind of wall of infamy at WW HQ for the number of times started.

Mark yesterday as attempt 126.

I've been on Weight Watchers on and off for over 19 years now. I've been through exchanges, Fat & Fiber, 123 Success, you name it, if it was introduced since 1991, I've worked the program.

I've had good leaders and bad ones. Good buddies and lack luster ones. Through the years I've found that the best motivator is myself and my own demons, sometimes a little too motivating.

Yesterday was D-Day. I've had that date marked on my calendar for a few months now. Blame the mailer I got from WW offering $10 a week for Lifetime Members as long as they rejoined by June 28. Of course I had to push it to the very end.

So, as usual, I waddled in yesterday, hopped on the scale and gave them my money. I think I say it every time I do this, but the scale was at its highest point EVER. I had my last blow out yesterday as well. (I look at joining day as a free day, program starts the following day). Bacon & cheddar omelet with hash browns for breakfast, chicken sandwich with bacon and cheese with a side of fries for lunch and a spinach calzone for dinner washed down with plenty of full calorie beer.

Today, walking the line. Of course it's only noon, but I'm in for the long haul. I've joined a gym I've studiously avoided. I'm taking Alli as a kick start (the side effects are killer if you go off program).

I'm also going to try something new - having a life. In the past I've been a monk when I've changed my eating habits (read: dieted). I didn't deal with the pit falls of going out and seeing friends. I was an exercising machine. I also abused my body in the process. That can't happen this time.

So here I go again, name back in the log books at Weight Watchers, hunting for my ratty exercise clothes, scheduling workouts back into my day.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Best of luck. I so want to join WW, but its not advised by my doctors since I am nursing. However as soon as I am finished with nursing, I am totally joining.